Saturday, October 24

I'm back I swear!

Today is the first day I feel healthy in quite a few weeks.

I idiotically had two drags of a cigarette back on September 17th and have been coughing ever since. I remember the date because it was a memorable next morning: I had a raging hangover and no internal organs. I was so drunk the night before that on my way home I not only puked all over Columbus Circle station (I think it was the B platform), but also out the cab window for about half a mile down my street. I haven't gotten that wasted in quite some time, so naturally I blame the cigarette.

Three weeks later I still hadn't stopped coughing so I finally went to the doctor. He said it was allergies. Unfortunately he was wrong because four days later I had a sinus infection. I was really annoyed that I had to go back to his office to get antibiotics, so I stubbornly put it off. I thought I kicked it on my own until this past Sunday when I woke up at 4am in the worst fucking pain. It felt like someone shoved a piece of glass into my ear and used it to give me a root canal. Seriously the pain was so bad that I couldn't tell if it was coming from my teeth or my ear. The next day I went back to the doctor and it turns out it was an ear infection. An ear infection! I didn't think grown ups got them...

So after a week of super meds I finally feel better. Sheesh! I am never smoking, drinking red wine, or putting off doctor visits EVER AGAIN.

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

WHITE wine!! ;-P

Jennifer Juniper said...

Totally not back. ;-P