Saturday, March 20

B from the P 3

This afternoon I ran into my third blast from the past so far this year. I went to Bacon's friend's birthday party in Brooklyn on a whim. Her friend and I have met a few times and she's the sweetest gal, so I figured why not. It'd be fun to tagalong and celebrate her birth.

I walked into her friend's apartment and immediately made eye contact with the ginger across the room. This is completely normal considering I have red-ar. The ABnormal part was I totally knew him from somewhere. He apparently recognized me too because we both blushed and stared at each other for a good minute before saying hi.

His name is Vic. As soon as he said it I knew we definitely had met before. It turns out he grew up and still lives in New Brunswick, so I figured I must have randomly seen him around when I was at Rutgers. It took me about an hour to figure out how I knew him exactly and wouldn't you know it, he's someone I had a crush on for a little while. (Who haven't I liked???)

I met him through my friend Sorry and her boyfriend Cah. They were Phishheads who had a huge network of friends at RU. I never really listened to Phish, but I loved smoking pot and doing shrooms so I hung out with their phamily on a fairly regular basis. This is probably why I couldn't place Vic right away; I was most likely fucked up every time I was around him.

I can't remember if I asked him out on the phone or face to face (I've always had balls with guys). I sort of recall Sorry and Cah telling me he was really awkward with girls. Or maybe they said he was just awkward in general. I don't know. It's possible they were being nice because they knew Vic didn't like me or he really was just a freak. Looking back he did seem rather timid. I'm sure someone as aggressive and loud as me scared the crap out of him.

When I think about my long lost loves that got away, Vic certainly never crossed my mind. I just find it amazing I ran into him now in light of recent events. He was with his girlfriend, so it's highly doubtful there's a chance to reconnect. There is however a chance to do so with Sorry and Cah whom I lost touch with after their wedding a few years ago. I already found and emailed Sorry on Facebook, so we'll see if that's the purpose of this run in.

I'm not sure if the moment fully hit me yet. All I have to say is WOW. Wow Universe for bringing I guy I liked 10 years ago (ten!) back into my life. I don't know what it means, I don't know the impact, I don't know what you have in store for me. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's everything. I'm game, so keep it coming.

No comments: