Saturday, February 17

Countdown to 30.

I was thinking about what I wanted the theme of this blog to be. I was tempted to delete this blog and start off fresh with my latest reccurring thought...I turn 30 next year.

It reminds me of when I first got my period (no I have never seen the Vagina Monologues). I was 11 years old, no one was home but my grandmother who was visiting for a few days. Ever since I was kid my inner monologue becomes a Wonder Years/Sex in the City voice over, especially when I reach a milestone of sorts. "Are you there God? It's me, Thighs. Today I became a woman, but I don't feel like one. Am I supposed to? Do I have to start wearing makeup?" Fast forward 18 years to today, when my random thoughts about turning 30 can be shared with the zero people reading this.

Thought number one, my countdown to 30 is special enough to delete my previous posts. Why? Okay, this is a huge leap, but maybe it's all about clean slates. And what is a clean slate? Is it literally erasing my past or the acceptance of it, with the peace of knowing it made me who I am today?

I LOVED that Eagles fan up until last week, my Internet went out again for a little while, and while I'm only 7 weeks into 2007, I'm pretty darn excited for this year.

My mind races all the time, why wouldn't my blog? Even the 6 o'clock news has its water-skiing squirrel moments.

No comments: