Thursday, January 1

Happy New Year!

I have officially decided that 2008 was a good year.  Woo hoo!

Over the past few weeks I kept saying it wasn't so bad.  Then I realized duh, if it wasn't so bad doesn't that mean it was good??

My 2008 resolution was to "work hard at being hot, debt free, and eventually, a creative professional."  Even though I'll still wear shorts over my bathing suit, have credit card debt, and need my analytical day job I don't feel like I failed.  This is one of my great successes of 2008: I'm learning how to stop beating myself up over everything.

Instead of thinking about all the things I should have done, I am pleasantly satisfied with all of the things I accomplished.  I got a job, took writing and art classes, stopped using my credit card, dated a few people, and started volunteering. I found out I have values (who knew?) and am consciously making the effort to live by them.  I feel mentally and emotionally stronger despite the occasional battles with Me and Myself.  And last but certainly not least, I am learning to be more grateful, especially for all of the good friends in my life.  That means YOU!

So yes, 2008 was a good year for me, mostly in an internal way.  Now I'm ready to set some concrete/external goals for 2009.  I'm still outlining them right now; basically the overall theme is to be proactive and productive.  I like feeling and thinking about things, but now I want results.

One resolution I can share now is to reconnect with Thighs again.  I promise to post more often.  I know some of you were sick of seeing "My Dick" for the past few weeks (Jules!).  Hey, it's better than pics of "My Vagina" though, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! Glad to have you back writing!