Sunday, December 30

Work hard for the what?

I was watching a Family Guy repeat earlier tonight when Chris (the son) said something that stuck with me. I can't remember his lines exactly, but the gist was how he appreciates when a woman works hard to look hot.

Ummmm, what? Work hard to look hot? I never really thought about it like that. I just assumed that if you're hot, you were born hot, you'll die hot, or commit suicide once you start becoming un-hot.

Chris' comment didn't make me wonder why DO people work to be hot, I'm perplexed as to why people DON'T work to be hot. Oddly enough it took me a minute to ask the next question (I wrote "oddly enough" because today is the day I finally admitted to myself that my toilet isn't super tiny, my ass and thighs are really that fat)...

Why haven't I worked to be hot? In fact, what the fuck have I worked for anyways??

Now that I am headcold free, I'm finally able to focus on figuring out where I want to go in life and how I want to get there. This isn't limited to career paths either, I'm jumping into 2008 reevaluating the whole she-bang: health, finances, relationships, everything. I'm not sure if I'm asking the right question though. Is it what do I want or what am I willing to WORK for?

I honestly don't feel like I've worked very hard for anything in my life. This is a problem for a couple of reasons. One, I'm still having a hard time recognizing and appreciating my accomplishments. Two, then why don't I actually "work" for things???

I know I worked my ass off at Company. How? Every single day, good or bad, I was determined to do my best. Blood, sweat, and tears from day one. Why? Passion. I have never, ever been more passionate about something in my entire life. Until now.

Now I'm passionate about ME!!! FUCKING FINALLY!!

Tonight is the night I've decided I'm ready and determined to focus my talents and energy on being the best person I can be.

2008 New Year's resolution: work hard at being hot, debt free, and eventually, a creative professional.

Thanks Chris! Fatty fat fatty!

No comments: