Tuesday, November 22

Can't keep up?

As you probably gathered from my last post, MDLL and I are back together. Sort of. Don't worry; I can't keep up either.

The weekend after Halloween we had an amazing talk. He is moving forward with the divorce and it should be processed by the end of the year. He shared some very intimate and loving things, too. (I'm keeping them to myself. Nyah, nyah!) Last week we had a very good email discussion about things as well. We're moving in the right direction.

I'm sure I've quoted Albert Einstein*'s definition of insanity numerous times on Thighs. I guess that's what insane people do. This quote hit home with me in regards to my relationship with MDLL.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."

The insanity cycle:

1. We have an amazing time for 4-6 weeks.
2. We ignore tough discussions because things are going so well.
3. Something happens where one of us (me) can't ignore our issues anymore.
4. We talk, hit a wall, and break up because I don't know what else to do.
5. A week or two goes by, we miss each other, talk, and get back together.
6. Rinse and repeat.

One could say if we stayed broken up, the cycle would be over. While true, it's unrealistic. We're in love. We'll always go back.

The real problem is Step 2. We are INSANE to keep ignoring our issues and expecting they will resolve themselves on their own. If we want to be together, we need to work on our relationship together. He's willing, I'm willing, so let's do this.



*Some sites say this is really a Ben Franklin quote. The internet has too much garbage. Gah!

No comments: