Monday, November 21

Blasts from the Past AGAIN

Three ex-umm...what do I call them? They definitely aren't ex-boyfriends as I only dated them for at most six weeks.

Three ex-MEN have not only come back into my life, but now live within walking distance. You're going to need the Thighs Guyde for this.

The Gentleman moved around the corner four months ago. Literally around the corner. I can probably look into his bedroom window if I wanted. We see each other in the street at least once a month. I still find him attractive and boring. Such a shame.

Mr. J moved from Brooklyn to about ten blocks away on my street. I was walking down the subway stairs when I looked across to the other staircase and there he was, walking toward me. If this was a romantic comedy, the music would have started and we would have rushed into each other's arms. That's how ridiculous the timing was. It always is with Mr. J and I, though. I'm actually not surprised when I randomly see him once a year. We said the obligatory (?) "Let's get a drink." and went on our way. That was three months ago. In usual Mr. J fashion, I haven't heard from him. I'm okay with this.

On Saturday I went to yoga, had brunch with Brauny, and hung out with MDLL at Crazy Ass. MD was headed to a party around 9pm, but I was beat and decided to go home. Wouldn't you know it, I ran into another ex-man...Krull. For those who don't remember, Krull is a really hot ginger bartender (or was a bartender) I met at a friend's wedding about four years ago. I really liked him a lot, but it didn't work out. I don't think he was interested in dating me long term and looking back I wasn't in any condition for a real relationship either. I was still a batshit Jedi-slut then.

I felt like we had a nice connection. I always knew we'd meet up again, like there was some unfinished business between us. I think it's about inspiration. We both love to write; maybe we end up encouraging each other to do so. He's also a free spirit in the way I'd like to be. While I consider myself a free spirit in some ways, I am definitely grounded in the physical world. I've lived in the same apartment for eight years. I bounce around from company to company, but I'm still 9-5 corporate. From what I know of Krull, he's a world travel and an experience junkie. If there's something new or cool to do, he's game. At least that's the impression I get. I hope I'm the same once I pay off my credit card debt.

We stopped and talked for a few minutes. He was with a girl. I'm not sure if they are dating. He now lives five blocks away from me. We traded numbers and talked about getting a drink, but unlike Mr. J who, at this point the idea of annoys me, I'd really like to reconnect with Krull.

I choose to believe people from my past show up for two reasons: to teach me something and to validate I am in the right place at the right time. Yes it's possible to read the above and say, "Well duh, of course this would happen considering Astoria is the hot new neighborhood and you have at least 100 ex-men to run in to." Bygones.

Each time I talked to one of these guys, I thought one thing...

I love MDLL.

Thanks Universe for making this clear!

No comments: