Monday, April 28

I read a whole entire book today!

It didn't even have pictures! I am so proud of myself.

I used to love to read as a kid. I'm not sure when I stopped reading, but I have a sneaky suspicion it was around the time I met Mary Juana. Reading wasn't really her style; she was more into papers than books. Snootch!

So what book had me by the balls all day? What gripping page turner could keep my ADHD at bay? Why does that rhyme?

It's the book any person would read when the Mets game they were supposed to go to tonight got rained out...

He's Just Not That Into You

AAAARRRGGHHH!! I've managed to avoid this damn book for four fucking years. FOUR! And today I just HAD to read it. Wait, I misspoke-wrote. I didn't "read it," I devoured it.

I have two piles of books to read in my apartment, prose and comics. I just counted, there are 15 picture-less books I would like to read by the end of this year. The comics, shit, I have like three short boxes and 6 trades I've been meaning to get to...so why the heck did I choose to read a book I used to mock and avoid???

Because I really needed to read it.

Like all manic depressive gigglers, I love self-help books. It never occurred to me to ask myself why I love them, but now that I'm writing this I think it has to do with connecting. It's nice to know I'm not the only woman in the world with weight/boy/finger gnawing/low self-esteem/Mommy Dearest issues. While I don't want others to suffer, there is a sick comfort in knowing others have felt my pain. It makes it real.

Whoa. Downer. Okay then, back to He's Just Not That Into Me. You. Me. Whatever.

I needed to read it. I needed to read it to remember that I rock, I deserve to find a guy who rocks, and we deserve to have a rockin' relationship.

Hmmm...I wonder when auditions for Rock of Love 3 start...

And speaking of Bret, did I call it or what??? Ambre won! Who knows if it will last, but I'm proud of Mr. Michaels. He stayed away from the 25 year old itchy girl and went with a woman he could possibly have a real relationship with.

Crap. I need to get laid. Still.

2 comments:

Li'l Jen said...

So...should I read it?? ;-)

I read Welcome to Tranquility today (comic) and it comes recommended! :)

SoSwiftly said...

I thought for sure he'd go with Daisy too. Good for you Bret!