Friday, July 11

My DVD Collection

I'm in the process of cleaning out Delilah. I lot of crap builds up after five years!

When I was a kid I was the Queen of VHS. I loved owning videos. I recorded a ton of movies off HBO and bought as many tapes as my minimum wage salary could afford. Definitely my first big obsession. In fact, the longest recurring fight I had with my dad was when he'd record over one of my movies. Seriously. It got so bad I'd write "D.T.O." (Don't Tape Over) on the ones I really wanted, but he'd ignore the note and do it anyways. Then I got smart and pulled out the little plastic square pin as prevention, but the bastard would actually duct tape the hole so that you could still record. OY. I can't believe how fucking retarded this sounds 17 years later, but man did it bother me back then.

I'm not sure when I stopped collecting videos, although I have a sneaky suspicion it was around the time I met my old friend marijuana. Sure the Little Mermaid made me happy, but pot got me high. It helped heal the wounds from my battles with the VHS Nazi (and other slightly more traumatic things).

The first DVD I ever watched was Jurassic Park. One of my college roommate's owned it. Wait, is that right? 2000? Wow...seems both recent and not.

Anyhoo, I never got big into buying DVDs. Hell, I don't even own some of my favorite movies. Most of the ones I do have were gifts from Santa or borrowed/stolen from friends. As a result, my DVD collection is pretty manic. I wonder why....

TV Shows:

All of the Family Guy DVDs
Adventures of Pete and Pete Vol. 1-2
Firefly
Little Britain
Pee-Wee's Playhouse
Star Wars Clone Wars
Three Spongebob DVDs
Three Powerpuff Girls DVDs
Batman the Animated Series Vol. 1-2
The Muppet Show Vol. 1
Spawn (updated animation)
Hellboy (animated)

Movies:

Spaceballs
Star Wars 4-6
Indy 1-3
Shaun of the Dead
Silence of the Lambs
Wet Hot American Summer
Bridget Jones' Diary
Rio Bravo
Requiem for a Dream
Grease
Big Trouble in Little China
Spidey 1 and 2
Reservoir Dogs
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Seven Swords
Agatha Christie's Poirot Murder in Mesopotamia
Godzilla
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Gozilla's Revenge
Terror of Mechagodzilla

No comments: