Wednesday, June 9

D2

I used to hate minty chocolate food like mint chocolate chip ice cream, Girl Scout Thin Mints (Girl Scout cookies in general), etc.  Now I find myself seriously addicted to Peppermint Patties.  The stupid snack machine got me again!! 

When I first started at Minnow I probably had a Snickers bar three times a week for a good six months.  This is when I was actually losing weight!  The Snickers craving stopped and I jumped on over to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  That's probably around the time I started gaining it back.  (Snickers really do satisfy.)  I still get Pirate's Booty on a regular basis, but this is more a side dish to my turkey and avocado sandwich or Lean Cuisine/Weight Watcher frozen meal than a snack.

I have no recollection of the day I said, "Man, I could go for a Peppermint Pattie right now." Have you ever heard anyone actually say that?  Oooo....wait a second!  Let me check Mr. Budget real quick.  Yes, I even log $0.75 purchases...

The first accurate Peppermint Pattie chow down was April 28th, accurate because sometimes I'll write "snack machine" instead of the specific item.  I've hit ol' D2 eleven times since then.  I'm averaging 2 a week.  Okay, not quite addiction status yet.  When I start craving them on the weekend, I'm done for.

Despite not being a fan of them up until now, I fondly remember this one commercial from when I was kid (yet I can't remember the what I wore yesterday):




**UPDATE - This post was originally named "E7" because I could have sworn that was the button. It's really "D2" which is sad because a) I have zero braincells if I've forgotten this even though I hit the damn thing 12 times (bought another yesterday) and b) my nerd-self did not immediately associate R2D2 with the button, especially since the damn wrapper is silver and blue. I = burnt.

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Blech. Chocolate and mint together are an abomination. It's funny b/c I JUST talked about this yesterday with someone. Most people think I'm crazy for this opinion, but it seriously makes me gag. :-P