Monday, October 11

I want to hole up in my hole.

Do not read this if you are in the mood to be happy...it will be whiny and grumpy.

Waaaahhh...I'm tired, I'm at work when everyone else has off, and I'm PMSy. I might be coming down with a cold. I can't tell yet. My back is achy and my eyes are heavy. All I wanted to do was sleep in today. I should have called out.

Why the fuck is the office open? Most people's badges aren't working at the turnstile this morning. Know why? The security system has today programmed as a holiday, so it doesn't think people should be getting in. HELLOOOO??? If Jarvis or Mother or whatever the fuck our system is called believes we should be closed, then we should be closed. Bah.

It's like the eight summer Fridays I got didn't even matter.

I am such an ingrate.

SLEEP. I feel like I can't get enough. I took a nap during the third quarter of the Giants game yesterday. I always seem to take third quarter naps. I'm pretty sure I slept for eight hours last night and it was still so hard to get out of bed this morning. I'm surprised I did!

Yesterday was balls, but Friday and Saturday were a lot of fun. I went to comic con, then Doll's (usual Friday night pub needed a nickname). Saturday I worked at a smaller publisher's booth in exchange for a free weekend pass, went out to dinner with the Faces and others (yay!), went to Chewie's annual convention party, and then another pub for a quick drink with the Doll's crew. Hmmm...maybe that's why I'm so tired. I didn't drink too much either night, but I was up until 1am and 3:30am respectively. Yeah, that's probably it.

Peppermint Patties are making me feel better. Stupid pdiddy and your chocolate cravings. The pizza I had for lunch made me feel better, too. I am uber healthy today.

It's beautiful out and the last thing I want to do is deal with people. I got my lunch and ran back into the office. I want to hole up in my hole and be left alone.

So MD. We didn't have definite plans for yesterday, so I called him Saturday to confirm. He never called back. Maybe I'm overreacting (shocker), but I am pretty disappointed. I spent most of the weekend thinking about him and a good hour before the game picking out something to wear. Stupid. That was one of the great things about Tat. He never made me feel insecure or worried about where I stood...

Okay, now that I'm writing about this I feel like I am overreacting. After years of dating, it's so easy to think I know the warning signs of a doomed relationship and jump to conclusions that it's over. Except for Mick of course. My head was up my ass all summer.

This isn't the first time MD didn't immediately respond to a text or call, so why am I getting worked up about it?

Oh. Right. I like him. Duh.

No comments: