Sunday, October 24

Beer Poker Nada Date

The past few days have been really nice, although I'm feeling a bit melancholy. It's probably because my daytime buzz has worn off...

Wednesday was a Founders brewery event at Blind Tiger. The Nemesis is 12% alcohol and 100% awesome. A description: “a dark barley wine that pours black with a subtle mahogany hue. Brewed with 5 malts and no shortage of hops for a pleasantly bitter booming flavor. Roasty and toasty with a multitude of tastes that melts on your tongue." Their Kentucky Breakfast Stout is amazing too.

Thursday was drinks with Scholly. I love catching up with old friends, feeling like no time has passed. Friday was Pokher night. The Petes and I have FINALLY decided to play poker every month. We've wanted to do this for at least eight years now. We played Texas Hold'em which is surprisingly straight-forward considering you don't trade in cards. This doesn't make it any easier to win, just easier to learn.

Yesterday I did nothing all day except sleep in and watch Rosemary's Baby. I can't believe I've put off watching it for so long. It is such a good movie. I am definitely being Mia Farrow for Halloween. Now I need to figure out where I'm going!!

Later on I ended up going to a party for the opening of Levi's Photo Workshop. It was fantastic: free to get in, free beer, and a free Nada Surf acoustic show. I've never really listened to them before, but Bakes and Juniper are huge fans so I was interested to check them out. Fo' free! They were great and I now have a crush on both the bassist and drummer. Well, maybe just the bassist's dreadlocks. The drummer isn't my type physically (not that this matters), but his enthusiasm and spirit were so warm and inviting that I had to meet him after the show. Oh Ira, you're adorable!

Today I had my date with Fanboy. The real reason I'm melancholy is because I'm bummed I don't like him. He just texted me "I can't wait to hang out with you again." GAH! Fanboy likes me, is interested in who I am and what I'm about, and is making sure I know it. This is what was missing with MD.

Great. Now I'm crying. It's so not fucking fair. If I could put Fanboy's personality into MD's body, I'd be set. And I don't mean for looks either. MD has a laidback yet confident presence, while Fanboy seems a little too insecure for me. Fuck.

See? This is why I can't online date. The physiological signs mean too much. If I don't blush, get shy* and giggly, or want to stick my tongue down a guy's throat, then I don't want to date him. I don't want to date Fanboy. BAH!



*I get shy when I really like someone. I swear.

No comments: