Thursday, May 29

What a day.

I read two comics on my way into work today, I was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space and Boobage. Both were really good, but Boobage, "an autobiographical tale involving the trials and tribulations of having teeny boobs," really got me.

I'm not ready to go into the details why this book affected me so much.  I pinkie swear I will one day, though.  All that matters right now is I'm feeling more inspired to publish my own work than ever before.  In fact I was so inspired by the book that I started writing an email to the author as soon as I sat down at my desk this morning.  Five hours later I finally hit send; it took me all day to write and rewrite the damn thing. I was that excited.

I don't know how I managed to get any reports out today.  Every piece of me was focused on the comic, the email, and my story. It felt wonderful. I've been so debilitated by fear lately that I thought the only thing to get me working on my projects would be a swift kick in the ass.  It seems a nipple twist works just as well.

No comments: