Tuesday, August 5

Normally Abnormal

I wasn't going to write about this, but fuck it.

My pap came back abnormal. I took off today to have a colposcopy and biopsy. The doctor said everything looked fine, but we'll have to wait until the biopsy results are in.

I never really get upset about health stuff. My mom taught us at a very young age to always go for regular check-ups, follow-ups, and follow-follow-ups. If anything was wrong we'd deal with it together, so there was nothing to worry about. Well nothing for ME to worry about; she'd worry enough for the both of us, and then some.

I gotta be honest though, I was pretty nervous and upset this morning. Part of the reason is because I addressed so many annoying health problems last year that I guess I thought I'd be fine for a little while. Apparently I was wrong.

Another hiccup, the day after I was told I'd need a biopsy I found out my thyroid is out of whack again. This really isn't a big deal (they'll probably just increase my Synthroid dosage), it's just come on already. Why can't proactive people automatically get a good-health gold star??

Alright, alright. Enough of the whine. I am a very healthy and fortunate person. Lately I've had some issues, but they were relatively minor and manageable. I guess if anything HAS to be wrong, common ass and cervix colds are easy to deal with. Let's just hope they stay that way.

No comments: