Wednesday, August 11

Three weeks?

The surgeon isn't available until September 3rd. I cried. They are going to try and get me in sooner if there's a cancellation. I sure hope so. Besides breathing and laying down it also hurts when I bend over (heh), walk too fast, and wear certain bras. I can't run, dance, carry anything too heavy, laugh too hard, and worst of all, drink. This probably has nothing to do with anything, but the thought of a beer makes me ill. Not sure why.

The good news? The procedure itself should only take about twenty minutes. The pain I'm in is very common and nothing to be worried about. And the best news of all for any young girls out there with this issue, it is also very common for the breast to eventually grow on its own. As Bakes put it, my boob ate my implant.

So the wait continues. Fingers crossed I can get this shit over with sooner!!

Enough boob talk...go to Governor's Island! Saturday night the girls and I went there to see the band Local Natives. It was the perfect day for a quick ferry ride, a stroll around the old Army/Coast Guard station, and lounging at Water Taxi Beach for the show. I know nothing about new music, so randomly tagging along helps me broaden my horizons. Check 'em out:



I've replaced drinking with eating. Friday I had sushi, Saturday I ate a chicken wrap, falafel, and half a hamburger. Sunday, aw crap, I ate ANOTHER burger at Sweet Afton (so good!) and then tacos at Tacos Mexico (amazeballs!). I've been wanting to check out the taco place for a while now and I'm so glad I did. Very fresh, not greasy, and guacamole you want to smear all over your body, then eat.

Today my mom took me to T.G.I. Friday's. The sandwich was good, but I am so over chain restaurants. The host referred to us as "guys" about 17 times in 3 minutes: "Hey guys, how you guys doing today?" "You can sit here guys." "Here are your menus, guys." "Enjoy guys!" Now I call everyone guys, but really? I'm with my mom. Know your audience, bub.

Oh right, I don't think I mentioned I'm going to the same plastic surgery center in NJ as I did as a kid. My original doctor retired, so I'm seeing his successor. I could have found a doctor in NY, but the last thing I want to do right now is shop for a new surgeon. Also, I'd like to be with my parents. I'm regressing. So be it.

That's pretty much all I got. I feel the need to keep my calendar wide open should the nurse be able to squeeze me in sooner. That sounds dirty.

I'm sure I'll get bored with myself, but until then I'm feeling a bit hermity. I read all of the Scott Pilgrims this week to catch up for the movie and now I'm starting on a book with no pictures. I might actually finish this one. We shall see.

Okay, truthfully this is what's going on in my head right now: boobsboobsboobsboobsboobsboobsboobsboobsboobsboobsboobs

It's a nice change of pace from:
beerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeer

I am such a dude.

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

1) TGIF isn't great, but I'll eat anything with that amazing Jack Daniels sauce. I think the steak with veggie & mash is the best thing they got there. Their artichoke or whatever dip is also pretty damn good.

2) My mother HATES HATES HATES to be called "guys." It doesn't bother me, but yeah, moms hate that shit. "I'm not a guy!"

3) READ ASTERIOS POLYP ALREADY!!!!!