Sunday, June 17

Phuckin' Philly

I feel dirty. I blame it on Philadelphia, but truthfully it's more likely due to the fact that I can't stop farting today.

Yesterday I went down to Philly for the Wizard World con and the Phillies/Tigers game. I haven't been there in awhile so this was my first time taking mass transit down. We rode NJ Transit on the way there since it's cheaper, but the SEPTA didn't wait for us to pull into Trenton so we then jumped on two light rails to get down to the convention center. Not sure if we would have been better off waiting the hour for the SEPTA train to come, but whatevs, it worked out fine. We took Amtrak home, I definitely advise this if you can afford it. They serve beer!!

Rockstar and I got to Philly around 4pm and went right into the con so I can say hi to some friends. I only went to one convention before working at Company, at Philly in 2004. It was funny, I kept getting on line to get DaQ to sign some comics, but then I'd freak out and keep getting off! I remember seeing Red for the first time there, too. We have a mutual friend so my brother kept saying to go introduce myself and I kept pussing out. It's totally weird that less than a year later I ended up working for him and that DaQ would be one of my favorite peeps of all time.

Sadly though, DaQ is a HUGE Mets fan so I had to be the one to tell him that the Phillies won last night. This means Philly is only two games behind the Mets, so let's hope NY gets back on a win streak.

Like I said before I'm more a baseball fan than just a team fan. Bad sportsmanship really pisses me off, like the other night when Bonds was booed in Boston. Yes, he may have taken steroids, "may" being the operative word. And yes, I do believe anyone who takes enhancement drugs should be punished, but still, have some respect. I equate athletes taking roids to actresses who get plastic surgery. I can't imagine how depressing it must be to feel or see yourself lose what you've been defined by for so long. I can't burp my way through the alphabet anymore and let me tell you, it's very hard for me to accept.

Where was I? Oh yeah, so when I go to other stadiums I always root for the home team, even when their win affects NY. I know, I know, I should move to a state with no team then, but really, it's just fun to get into the spirit of it. So I apologize to DaQ, Furbie, and my other close Mets fans...I cheered for the Phillies last night. I'M SORRY! I feel soooo dirty, like a cheat or a floosie. I don't deserve to live in Queens.

This begs the question, what the hell am I going to do when I'm at the Mets/Dodgers game in LA next month? Well I've decided I owe it to the Mets to proudly wear their colors and cheer them on, risking ridicule and being hit with peanuts just to make up for yesterday.

My thoughts on Citizens Park? It's a nice stadium, check out my pictures. Rocks pointed out that it's very similar to Busch. I looked it up and both were designed by HOK Sport and others, so there ya have it.

Okay, enough dramatics. I really did have a good time at the game and it was great catching up with friends at the con. I'd like to go back to Philly and do some touristy things next time. I really wanted to get down to Pat's and Geno's, but we didn't have time. I ate a cheesesteak at the game that was okay, so it wasn't a total loss. I don't get why my farts smell like Chinese food though...

Anyways, I'm going to be taking it easy the next few weeks to save some cash and lose some poundage before my California trip on the 20th, so if anyone's up for some low-cost and low-cal fun, I'll be around!

No comments: