Tuesday, July 3

Vegas, baby!!

Other good news...

I AM THE LUCKIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD.  I cannot not NOT believe how fortunate and blessed I am.  Iron and Miron paid for my flight and hotel, gave me some money to gamble, and took me out to amazing restaurants every night, STK and Picasso being the standouts.  I am not a foodie, nor am I cultured, so it is always a treat to spend time with people who enjoy and can afford the finer things in life.  I make good money now, but I still hesitate at the idea of dropping three hundy at the craps table.  Consultants, not so much.  The amount of money being thrown around was jaw dropping.  I saw a guy bet and lose 5K in 10 minutes.  Give it to me instead!!

Vegas is a weird place.  There are high rollers, low rollers (is that even a thing?) and everyone in between. I'm still not sure what I want to say about Sin City.  Key words floating around my noggin all week were economy, sadness, greed, hedonism, status, sex, fun, luck...it's a fucked up place if you think too much about it.  I guess that's the appeal; they make sure you DON'T think once you get there.

The conference went really well.  Fingers crossed our leads become clients!! I felt much smarter this time around, yet I kept my mouth shut for the most part.  I didn't want to say the wrong thing!!  I rarely sit around looking pretty (mostly because I only recently decided I actually AM pretty), but I didn't mind being quiet.  Well, during the day anyways.  At night I turned it up to 11 and had a BLAST. Iron and I stayed out until 6am our last night.  She and I get along really, really well. It's probably because we are the same person.  Seriously, our personalities are a lot alike although I am more centered.  Yes, this means Iron is absolutely NOT centered...yet anyways. She'll get there!  This is part of the reason I believe I got this gig - the universe wants me to help Iron out of the personal funk she's been in for the last few years. At the same time she can help me out of my financial one! Isn't that nice? I think so!

While we bonded over a lot of things, one experience will always stand out...

WE GOT TATTOOS TOGETHER!! Yay! After 17 years, I FINALLY got a blurple Pisces tattoo.  I fell in love with this picture online...


and the artist brought it to life!  I have a total crush on Ben from Club Tattoo!!



It's healing up nicely although now it's peeling like crazy. I'll take another picture once it's completely healed. I still can't believe I got it.  Yesterday was the first day I didn't drink in a week, so maybe it'll hit me once all the alcohol is out of my system!

I'd love to come back to Vegas one day with MDLL or my girlfriends.  Five days was way too long, so maybe a long weekend is better. Luckily being at the conference from 9-5pm all week kept me relatively good. Relatively...

Check out my pics!!

No comments: