Thursday, August 2

Great!

Today is a great day.  I worked from home, so I was able to get a lot done around the house when new tech issues weren't coming in:

wrote
went through photographs (obviously)
shredded 8 years worth of documents in a shredder I bought three months ago, but never used
went to the bank
caught up with Spags
caught up with Annie
did the dishes (full sink, yuck)
straightened up
meditated
and now I'm writing again before I go to kickboxing.

I really want to bail and hang out with MDLL instead, though.  My first week I LOVED kickboxing.  The second week was brutal.  I forced myself to go and hated every minute of it.  Of course, I was happy I went in the end, but it was not fun.

The thing is I know I enjoy it.  I really do.  I just hate sweating, turning bright red, feeling like a fat ass, and kicking like a retard.  Seriously, a one-legged person kicks better than I do.

So really, I don't actually hate kickboxing, I hate HAVING to kickbox or having to do anything else to get into shape.

For realz, I do NOT want to go. I'd rather go work up a sweat with MDLL. Hey-o!

You know who is routing for me to just do it?  No, not Bo Jackson....

Eleanor Roosevelt.  "Do one thing every day that scares you."  I've been practicing this for a few days now and I must say it's amazing. 

I'm going to kickboxing because I am scared to be judged, scared to fuck up, and sadly, might even be scared to find out my true physical potential.  Oh and bikinis.  I'm scared of wearing a bikini.

Ellie, thanks for the push. I hate working out.

No comments: