Saturday, January 15

Please sleep!

I'm cracked out wide awake overtired.

I went over to The Gentleman's apartment last night for the first time. He lives with his cousin and brother, which is a little strange because most of the guys I've dated live alone. It's been so long since I had a roommate that I forgot how bittersweet it is: cheaper rent and a constant party vs. chore fights and a constant party.

We probably fell asleep around 2:30am. I sort of fake slept though as his roomies partied in the living room until 6am. They are very cool and entertaining, so it wasn't annoying or anything. I was just bummed that I couldn't sleep. My goal this weekend is to rest, watch football, and go shopping for new work clothes. Unfortunately now I'm too tired to go shopping before the 4pm game, but too awake to nap. Blerg. My revised plan for today is laundry, cleaning, bills, games, bed by 11pm. Score.

I was telling my friend Brawny about how nice The Gentleman is, the latest example being how he emailed me yesterday to say "I hope you have a great last day at work!" So sweet. Brawny's reply: "He sounds great and all, but that's how it should be."

Tat and The Gentleman went/go out of their way to make me feel special. They are communicative, generous, polite, romantic, and all around nice guys. I've dated so many pesky pandas in between that I forgot these basic qualities should be the norm, not a rarity. I realize now if a guy truly does care about me, he shows it. End of story.

The Gentleman tells me I'm beautiful, says he likes hanging out with me, and is quick to make plans for next time. He invited me over last night because he's going skiing for a week and wanted to see me before he left. When I was getting ready to leave this morning he gave me a big hug and said, "I'll definitely talk to you before Tuesday, but good luck at your new job. You will be great."

He is saying and doing everything I wished MD did. This amazes me in The Secret sort of way.

Now the bad news. I'm not sure if The Gentleman and I are a good fit. It saddens me to say this, but there is one thing that's off. The Gentleman hasn't made me laugh yet. I don't recall him even trying to make a funny. This is bothersome as all I am are one-liners and poop jokes. The right guy for me will not only support my schtick, but join it. Hell, maybe even make me funnier (if that's possible, fa!). I'm definitely not ready to throw in the towel yet, but it is something I'm concerned about. There is a dumb Match.com commercial with some girl on a horse talking about how she wants to find "a goof for her ball." I hate that I like that line, but that's how I feel.

Universe, you've been listening loud and clear lately so here is an updated list for my blurple balloon: open, honest, communicative, kind, thoughtful, generous, polite, trustworthy, funny, smart, positive, charming, successful, sexy, direct, strong, ginger, freckly...

I could go on for days, but I'm finally ready to take a nap.

No comments: