Monday, January 7

My FIRST date of 2008

Yep, that's right. I had such a nice time that I'm tempted to go on another date this year. Holy shit.

Two fantastic things happened tonight that changed my mind about dating:

1. I kept my vajohn in my pants. In fact, I didn't even kiss him. WHO AM I?? Okay granted I'm not really attracted to him, but still. This is huge and completely out of character.

2. Once I decided I wasn't that into him, I did something else completely out of character. I SHUT THE FUCK UP. I actually listened to what he had to say instead of either thinking what I should say next or wondering what his O-face looks like.

Listening is totally underrated. Or it could be properly rated and I well, never listened to how great a thing listening can be.

Anyhoo, I was listening to my date when something occurred to me. Tonight was the first time I understood that every single person in the world has a story. It doesn't matter if it's bad or good, funny or sad, it's still a story. I didn't actually think I had a story to tell until I shared Thighsighs. A manic depressive giggler's story, but a story nonetheless.

After this realization I was hanging on my date's every word. I became absolutely fascinated by his life, his choices, his goals. It was so nice to just sit back, relax, and listen*.

That's when it hit me. Dating doesn't have to be something I despise or freak out over. If I dated I could hear more stories!! Hurrah!!

Dating = Storytime. I finally figured out how to approach dating without wanting to barf. And it only took 30 years. Go me!



*So fucking close that I actually have this shit stuck in my head...

Ice ice baby (x2)

All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

CHORUS Ice ice baby vanillla (x4)

No comments: